Chapter 7 (beta): Storage ideas from other LEGO Artists
BETA CONTENT NOTICE: This is an early draft of a new chapter for The LEGO Storage Guide. FEEDBACK WELCOME—Please leave a comment below if you have additional content I should include, or ideas to make this chapter even better!
Here are some of my favorite videos where prominent members of the AFOL community give us tours of their LEGO Storage Solutions.
- Inside the LEGO Room of Brickset Founder Huw Millington, Beyond the Brick.
Huw is the founder of the popular Brickset website. He has a dedicated LEGO room and sorts by both Part & Color.
- How I store and organize my LEGO, Bevins Bricks.
Most parts sorted by category/function, with common parts sorted by color.
- Adam Savage’s One Day Builds: LEGO Sorting and Storage System!, Tested (Adam Savage).
Most famous for his role on MythBusters, Adam builds a custom storage solution for his LEGO collection in this video.
- In the video, Adam builds a custom cabinet to store ArtBin Super Satchel Art & Craft Organizers which come in both Slim and Double Deep sizes.
- He also shows us how quickly he can create custom boxes out of foam core and an industrial hot glue gun.
- Also, in Workshop Hardware Storage! (at 19:46) , Adam gives an elegant explanation of his philosophy on where to put stuff, which is equally relevant for LEGO enthusiasts.
- LEGO Room Tour (Ep1) – Kevin Hinkle, Solid Brix Studios.
- JANGBRiCKS LEGO Parts Collection Tour 2018, Beyond the Brick.
- How to Sort and Store LEGO. Tips for Sorting & Storage Bins. Tutorial: Create Labels for LEGO, FAMILY Bricks.