The LEGO Architect, by Tom Alphin
Want more LEGO Architecture?
Subscribe to the Brick Architect newsletter for early access to exclusive content, the latest articles, and updates to the Printable LEGO Brick Labels, LEGO Storage Guide, and my book The LEGO Architect.
- I prepared a detailed bibliography containing the great resources I found while researching the book.
- A brick list and buying guide helps make sure that you have the LEGO bricks you need to build all of the models in the book.
- Since nobody is perfect, take note of a few minor updates and corrections to the printed book.
- After you finish reading The LEGO Architect, check out this free downloadable bonus content.
I’ve delivered the keynote presentation at a LEGO convention, signed books and given a talk at several bookstores, and at events for LEGO enthusiasts. This includes BrickCon (Seattle), BrickWorld (Chicago), Bricks Cascade (Portland), and BrickCan (Vancouver). My talks about LEGO and Architecture range from 30 minutes to over an hour.
Visit the Events Page for a list of past events, or to schedule an event.
The LEGO Architect has seen a positive response by the LEGO community, the architecture community, and the press at large. The following are select articles and reviews about the book:
- Featured on dezeen.
- Best new stuff at: architecture.com, adweek.com, azuremagazine.com.
- Design and lifestyle blogs: Cool Things, Cool Material, Jebiga, Distractify.
- LEGO websites: brickfan, brickfanatics, brickworm.
- Foreign-language attention: zusammengebaut.com (German), madpac.nl (Dutch), want.nl (Dutch), bigfenomeno.com (Spanish), iplaymtg.com (Chinese), mattonito.com (Italian), heldth.com (German), gadgetfreak.gr (Greek), tonguemag.com (Spanish), neueszeugs.de (German), mylegobricks.com (Chinese).
The book has also been translated into the following languages:
- Japanese – July 2016, by xknowledge.
- French – September 2016, by Huginn&Muninn.
- Russian – October 2016, by МИФ.
- Spanish – November 2016, by Oberon.
- Italian – April 2017, by Edizioni LSWR.
- Simplified Chinese – May 2017, by Posts & Telecom Press.
- Traditional Chinese – July 2017, by 商周出版.
- Korean – August 2017, by RHK.
- German – August 2017, by dpunkt.verlag.
Publishers—want to see ‘The LEGO Architect’ in your language? Email me at email@example.com
I just bought the book in Italian and it’s really fabulous
It is a great pleasure to see my book translated into new languages! I’m especially excited to see the Italian edition—your country has such a rich tradition of beautiful architecture (and delicious food).
My copy of the Italian edition arrived and I look forward to sharing photos of it soon on my facebook and instagram pages.